Mr. Story is the managing partner at Max Hunter Story, PA and is dedicated to serving clients throughout the state of Florida.
is a native Floridian, born in Orlando and raised in the US Virgin Islands and
New Smyrna Beach. He was a Florida
Merit Scholar and a Presidential Scholar, obtaining his Bachelor of Arts with Honors, from
Rollins College in Winter Park.
Max obtained his Juris Doctor degree with Honors from the University of Florida, College of Law in 2001. He served as Editor in Chief of the Journal of Technology, and as Managing Editor of the Journal of International Law at the University of Florida College of Law. He also served as a law clerk in Florida's 8th Judicial Circuit.
Upon graduation, Max accepted a position in Jacksonville Beach, where he now manages his own boutique firm of 11 years. He is married to his college sweetheart of 20 years, a licensed psychotherapist and they are proud parents of 2 active sons.
- Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida - Bachelor of Arts with Honors 1997
National Merit Scholar
- University of Florida, College of Law, Gainesville, Florida - Juris Doctor with Honors 2001
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Technology Law Review
Managing Editor, Journal of International Law Review
Judicial Clerk, Florida's 8th Judicial Circuit
- Florida Bar, Attorney, since 2001
- Flagler Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Jacksonville Beaches Bar Association
- Jacksonville Justice Association
- Mid Florida Legal Services, Board of Directors
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Florida Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- University Business Club, Jacksonville
- Queen's Harbour Yacht Club
- Queen's Harbour Sailing Club
- Beaches Resource Center Oversight Committee Political/Lobbying
- First Coast Soccer Associaiton/Jacksonville Football Club - Rec Coach
- Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens, Up & Cummers Fundraising Board
- The Florida Bar 2016 Annual Florida Bar Convention, CLE Conference Speaker "At the Corner of Technology & Consumer Law" Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek. June 18, 2016
- Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association, CLE Conference Speaker
23rd Annual Conference, August 21st 2015, Sawgrass Marriott Resort, Ponte Vedra, Florida
"FDCPA Claims and Bankruptcy Considerations"
- BEAM - Beaches Emergency Assistance Ministry, Jacksonville Beach, FL August 2015
"Bankruptcy Issues and Consumers' Rights" - Speaker with Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- BEAM - Beaches Emergency Assistance Ministry, Jacksonville Beach, FL March 2016
"Consumer Law Education Workshop" - Speaker with Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
Lynette Becotte - Litigation Paralegal
Lynette obtained her Bachelor of Science degree at Northern Michigan University. There she obtained a major in Office Administration and minor in Sociology.
She offers over 15 years of extensive paralegal experience and also serves as a Florida Notary Public.
She has been a Jacksonville Beach resident for over 20 years and has been working in many aspects of litigation support.
Contact Lynette at the main/beaches office or email [email protected]
Rita Cope - Litigation Paralegal
Rita completed her Paralegal Studies at the University of North Florida and brings 17 years of legal experience and professionalism to the
She can be contacted at the main/beaches office or email [email protected]
Nicole Story - Consultant
With a degree in psychology from Rollins College and graduate degrees
from the University of Florida in mental health counseling and
mediation (equivalent of a Doctorate in Psychology), Nicole brings over
15 years of litigation psychology, consultation and client relations to
She can be contacted at the main/beaches location or email [email protected]
Nicole Story, Ed.S, M.Ed
with Consumer Advocate
United States Senator, Bill Nelson.