MEET THE TEAM -
Max H. Story - Managing Partner
is a native Floridian, born in Orlando and raised in the US Virgin Islands and
New Smyrna Beach. He was a Florida
Merit Scholar and a Presidential Scholar, obtaining his Bachelor of Arts with Honors, from
Rollins College in Winter Park.
Mr. Story obtained his Juris Doctor degree with Honors from the University of Florida, College of Law in 2001. He served as Editor in Chief of the Journal of Technology, and as Managing Editor of the Journal of International Law at the University of Florida College of Law. He also served as a law clerk in Florida's 8th Judicial Circuit.
Upon graduation, Mr. Story accepted a position in Jacksonville Beach, where he now manages his own boutique firm of 11 years. He is married to his college sweetheart of 20 years, a licensed psychotherapist and they are proud parents of 2 active sons.
- Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida - Bachelor of Arts with Honors 1997
National Merit Scholar
- University of Florida, College of Law, Gainesville, Florida - Juris Doctor with Honors 2001
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Technology Law Review
Managing Editor, Journal of International Law Review
Judicial Clerk, Florida's 8th Judicial Circuit
- Community Legal Services of Mid Florida, Board of Directors 2017-present
- Florida Bar, Attorney, since 2001
- Florida Bar, Consumer Protection Law Committee, Board Member 2018-present
- Flagler Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Jacksonville Beaches Bar Association
- Jacksonville Justice Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Florida Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- University Business Club, Jacksonville
- Queen's Harbour Yacht Club
- Queen's Harbour Sailing Club
- Beaches Resource Center Oversight Committee Political/Lobbying
- First Coast Soccer Associaiton/Jacksonville Football Club - Rec Coach
- Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens, Up & Cummers Fundraising Board
- The Florida Bar 2016 Annual Florida Bar Convention, CLE Conference Speaker "At the Corner of Technology & Consumer Law" Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek. June 18, 2016
- Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association, CLE Conference Speaker
23rd Annual Conference, August 21st 2015, Sawgrass Marriott Resort, Ponte Vedra, Florida
"FDCPA Claims and Bankruptcy Considerations"
- BEAM - Beaches Emergency Assistance Ministry, Jacksonville Beach, FL August 2015
"Bankruptcy Issues and Consumers' Rights" - Speaker with Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- BEAM - Beaches Emergency Assistance Ministry, Jacksonville Beach, FL March 2016
"Consumer Law Education Workshop" - Speaker with Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
Austin J. Griffin - Attorney at Law
Mr. Griffin was born in Morgantown, West Virginia and moved to Jacksonville, Florida at the age of thirteen. He received his Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of Florida in Gainesville.
During his undergraduate studies at the University of Florida
he received several honors including the UF
Dean’s List, Delta Epsilon Iota Honors Society, and Sigma Tau Delta English
Mr. Griffin received his Juris Doctorate at Wake Forest University School of Law, where he focused on Sustainability & Environmental Law as well as Corporate Law. He has been notably published in the Wake Forest Journal of Business and Intellectual Property Law .
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts in English, 2012
Sigma Tau Delta English Honors Society, Dean's List, Delta Iota Honors Society
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2015
Computer‑Assisted Legal Instruction (“CALI”) Awards:
Energy Law; Evidence Environmental Law; Food Law & Policy; Funeral and Cemetery Law; & Decedents’ Estates and Trusts.
- Florida Bar Association member, admitted 2015.
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Lynette Becotte - Litigation Paralegal
Lynette was born and raised in Michigan, where she obtained her Bachelor of Science degree at Northern Michigan University with a major in Office Administration and minor in Sociology.
She offers over 18 years of extensive paralegal experience and also serves as a Florida Notary Public.
She has been a Jacksonville Beach resident for over 20 years and has been working in many aspects of litigation support.
Contact Lynette at the main/beaches office or email [email protected]
- Northern Michigan University, Bachelor of Science
Major - Office Administration
Minor - Sociology
Nicole Story - Consultant & Director of Public Relations, Social Media, Marketing, Human Resources and Digital Strategy.
With a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Rollins College and graduate degrees
from the University of Florida in Psychotherapy with training in Mediation (equivalent to a Doctor of Psychology degree), Nicole brings over
17 years of litigation psychology, consultation and public relations strategy to
Born in N. Ireland, UK, Nicole met Max at Freshman Orientation at Rollins College, in Winter Park, Florida. They were married while attending Graduate/Law School at UF, and moved to Jacksonville Beach in 2001 where they raise two active sons and are very involved in their community.
Nicole Story, EDS
with Consumer Advocate
United States Senator, Bill Nelson.
- Rollins College, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with Honors, 1997
Fishback Art Scholar, Presidential Scholar, Florida Undergraduate Scholar, Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society
- University of Florida, MED & EDS with High Honors, 2000
Chi Sigma IOTA Counseling Academic and Professional Honors Society International, 3.9 CUM GPA
- NEFAMFT President Emeritus, President, & President-Elect
- FAMFT Board Member, Ethics Co-Chair
- APA Clinical Member
- American Board of Forensic Counselors - Counseling and Psychology Divisions
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Florida Department of Health
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Florida Department of Health
- Qualified Clinical Supervisor for MFT and MHC interns, Florida Department of Health
- National Board of Clinical Counselors - National Certified Counselor
- Humana Military and Tricare Provider for Behavioral Healthcare