MEET THE TEAM -
Max H. Story - Managing Partner
Mr. Story is a native Floridian, born in Orlando and raised in the US Virgin Islands and New Smyrna Beach. He was a Florida Merit Scholar and a Presidential Scholar, obtaining his Bachelor of Arts with Honors, from Rollins College in Winter Park.
Mr. Story obtained his Juris Doctor degree with Honors from the University of Florida, College of Law in 2001. He served as Editor in Chief of the Journal of Technology, and as Managing Editor of the Journal of International Law at the University of Florida College of Law. He also served as a law clerk in Florida's 8th Judicial Circuit.
Upon graduation, Mr. Story accepted a position in Jacksonville Beach, where he now manages his own consumer protection firm for over 15 years. He is married to his college sweetheart of 20 years, a licensed psychotherapist and they are proud parents of 2 active sons.
- Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida - Bachelor of Arts with Honors 1997
National Merit Scholar
- University of Florida, College of Law, Gainesville, Florida - Juris Doctor with Honors 2001
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Technology Law Review
Managing Editor, Journal of International Law Review
Judicial Clerk, Florida's 8th Judicial Circuit
- Community Legal Services of Mid Florida, Board of Directors 2017-present
- Florida Bar, Attorney, since 2001
- Florida Bar, Consumer Protection Law Committee, Board Member 2018-present
- Flagler Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Jacksonville Beaches Bar Association
- Jacksonville Justice Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Florida Co-Chair National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Florida Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- University Business Club, Jacksonville
- Queen's Harbour Yacht Club
- Queen's Harbour Sailing Club
- Beaches Resource Center Oversight Committee Political/Lobbying
- First Coast Soccer Associaiton/Jacksonville Football Club - Rec Coach
- Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens, Up & Cummers Fundraising Board
- The Florida Bar 2016 Annual Florida Bar Convention, CLE Conference Speaker "At the Corner of Technology & Consumer Law" Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek. June 18, 2016
- Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association, CLE Conference Speaker 23rd Annual Conference, August 21st 2015, Sawgrass Marriott Resort, Ponte Vedra, Florida "FDCPA Claims and Bankruptcy Considerations"
- BEAM - Beaches Emergency Assistance Ministry, Jacksonville Beach, FL August 2015 "Bankruptcy Issues and Consumers' Rights" - Speaker with Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- BEAM - Beaches Emergency Assistance Ministry, Jacksonville Beach, FL March 2016 "Consumer Law Education Workshop" - Speaker with Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
Austin J. Griffin - Junior Partner, Attorney at Law
Mr. Griffin was born in Morgantown, West Virginia and moved to Jacksonville, Florida at the age of thirteen. He received his Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of Florida in Gainesville.
During his undergraduate studies at the University of Florida he received several honors including the UF Dean’s List, Delta Epsilon Iota Honors Society, and Sigma Tau Delta English Honors Society.
Mr. Griffin received his Juris Doctorate at Wake Forest University School of Law, where he focused on Sustainability & Environmental Law as well as Corporate Law. He has been notably published in the Wake Forest Journal of Business and Intellectual Property Law .
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts in English, 2012
Sigma Tau Delta English Honors Society, Dean's List, Delta Iota Honors Society
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2015
Computer‑Assisted Legal Instruction (“CALI”) Awards:
Energy Law; Evidence Environmental Law; Food Law & Policy; Funeral and Cemetery Law; & Decedents’ Estates and Trusts.
- Florida Bar Association member, admitted 2015.
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Lynette Becotte - Litigation Paralegal
Lynette was born and raised in Michigan, where she obtained her Bachelor of Science degree at Northern Michigan University with a major in Office Administration and minor in Sociology.
She offers over 20 years of extensive paralegal experience and also serves as a Florida Notary Public.
She has been a Jacksonville Beach resident for over 20 years and has been working in many aspects of litigation support.
Contact Lynette via email [email protected]
- Northern Michigan University, Bachelor of Science
Major - Office Administration
Minor - Sociology
Nicole Story - Consultant & Director of Public Relations, Social Media, Marketing, Human Resources and Digital Strategy.
With a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Rollins College and graduate degrees from the University of Florida (equivalent to a Doctor of Psychology degree) in Psychotherapy with training in Mediation, Nicole brings over 19 years of litigation psychology, strategy, communications and public relations to the firm.
From Ireland/UK, Nicole met Max at Rollins College, in Winter Park, Florida. They were married while attending Graduate/Law School at UF, and moved to Jacksonville Beach where they raise two active sons and she is very involved in the community including serving as President of the Foundation for the Beaches Resource Center and as Vice President on board of the PTSA at Douglas Anderson School of the Arts.
Nicole Story, EDS
with Consumer Advocate
United States Senator, Bill Nelson.
- Rollins College, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with Honors, 1997
Fishback Art Scholar, Presidential Scholar, Florida Undergraduate Scholar, Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society
- University of Florida, MED & EDS with High Honors, 2000
Chi Sigma IOTA Counseling Academic and Professional Honors Society International, 3.9 CUM GPA
- NEFAMFT President Emeritus, President, & President-Elect
- FAMFT Board Member, Ethics Co-Chair
- APA Clinical Member
- American Board of Forensic Counselors - Counseling and Psychology Divisions
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Florida Department of Health
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Florida Department of Health
- Qualified Clinical Supervisor for MFT and MHC interns, Florida Department of Health
- National Board of Clinical Counselors - National Certified Counselor
- Humana Military and Tricare Provider for Behavioral Healthcare
She has also lectured at local continuing education workshops & at universities, including FSU School of Social Work/Graduate School, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL and served as an Adjunct Professor, at Santa Fe College, Gainesville, FL. She provides expert testimony, comprehensive evaluations, consultations and reports for Federal Immigration Court, USCIS and immigration attorneys nationwide, in addition to her role at Max Story, PA/Story Griffin Law.
Nicole can be contacted via email [email protected]
Personal Injury Paralegals - Our firm also employs experienced paralegals and support staff in the personal injury field who can be reached directly at [email protected]
"My priority is to protect my clients. Let me use my extensive experience and knowledge of the law to defend your legal rights throughout the state of Florida.
I take the time to understand your needs and craft effective legal solutions to get the justice you deserve.
Max Story Law is on YOUR side!"
- Max Hunter Story, Attorney at Law, Managing Partner
Active Member of NACA
Jacksonville Federal Courthouse
Mr. Story testifying before the Senate Finance Committee on behalf of Florida consumers in opposition to an amendment that would weaken debt collection protection laws - the Florida Senate in Tallahassee, FL
Mr. Story speaking on a panel at the Florida Bar Annual Convention regarding consumer protection laws. — Waldorf Astoria, Orlando
First Coast Evening News interview with Max Story, PA associate attorney on False Advertising during the Holidays.
Duval County Courthouse, Jacksonville, FL
Supporting the CLSMF / Mid Florida Community Legal Services Annual Fundraiser - Roaring 20's Justice Gala
Supporting the Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association 2018 Judicial Reception - Celebrating Civility at TIAA Bank Field
Visiting with NACA & hearing Senator Warren speak at the NCLC
Consumer Law Conference,